Fly Fishing is both intriguing and challenging. Becoming an independent angler requires one to pull together a lot of information & skills from books, videos, classes, and then following that up with on the water time. If you are seriously interested in fly fishing. then making the investment in professional instruction will go a long way in making you successful in catching sooner and more frequently.
I love taking anglers skills to that next level. As a guide and avid instructor, I offer various levels of classes to enable anglers to get to that next level of fly fishing. I am personally invested in providing a quality experience. Therefore, I limit all my classes to no more than 4 anglers.
I have been teaching fly fishing and has worked as a fly fishing guide for over 10 years. I’m adept at combining my responsibilities as a guide and teacher of fly fishing. I’m known for her enthusiasm and expertise as a teacher. I am a professional FFI Master Casting Instructor and on the Casting Board of Governors. My love and finesse of casting has put me on the Winston Pro-Staff Team.
Below is a summary of my class offerings – you can learn more on their respective web pages. I offer these classes to the public, but if a specific date doesn’t work for you, a private class can be arranged for one to four anglers.
Fly Casting Lessons – Why a casting lesson? Simple put no one can cast for you! A “good” cast will allow you to effectively get your fly to where you want it in a variety of situations; such as tight areas, wind, distance, and complex currents. If you are new to fly fishing a casting lesson will stop you from developing bad habits. And for experienced anglers a better cast will get you to that fish others can’t get to. A casting lesson can also be the way to kick off your fishing season.
- Private Sessions: One angler $75 for a 1.5 hour lesson, Two anglers $100 for a 1.5 hour lesson, Three anglers $120 for a 1.5 hour lesson
- Larger Group Session are available, price dependent on location and size of group.
- Video analysis is done for private sessions.
- Contact me to schedule a private session.
Fly Fishing 101 and Fly Fishing 201 – Each class consist of casting on the grass followed by classroom time on bugs & flies, knots & rigging, reading the water, and line management. Both of these can be co-ed or women only. Class size is two to four anglers.
- 101 is designed for the angler who has fished once or twice and is ready to build the core skills for fishing.
- 201 is designed for the angler who has fished multiple times and already has general knowledge of bugs, knots, and etc. – but wants to improve their skills to build independence.
- Casting is done at Village Green Park, in Sisters, Oregon and the remainder at my home.
- Costs $100/angler
- 101 on Saturday May 5 or June 2, 2018; private dates can be arranged for 2 to 4 anglers.
- 201 on Saturday May 12 or June 23, 2018; private dates private dates can be arranged for 2 to 4 anglers.
- To register – Click here to pay and register for Fly Fishing 101 via Eventbrite
- To register – Click here to pay and register for Fly Fishing 201 via Eventbrite
Fly Fishing 301 – This is a 2 day experience for 2 anglers that includes a day of guided fishing & either 101 or 201 based on your skill level. The integration of a full day in the classroom and second full day on the water enables you to put your skills together more effectively.
- See details on Fly Fishing 101 & 201.
- Cost is $650 for two anglers. Included is your gear, lunch, beverages and flies. Gratuit, lodging, and licenses not included.
- The Fly Fishers Place provides a 20% discount for any gear purchased with thirty days of your day on the water.
- Contact me to schedule.
Women’s Trout Fly Fishing School – If you are intent about becoming an active, competent, independent angler – this four day school is for you. We learn the fastest with repetitive practice in a short time frame. By the end of the class you will be in a position to pursue fly fishing independently, while in the company of other awesome women anglers. This class is limited to four anglers.
- Start on Wednesday, July 18th 7:00 PM and finish on Sunday, 22 at 2:00 PM
- Two days on the water fishing and two days of “classroom & fly casting” instruction.
- Stay at the Sisters Bunk House in Sisters, Oregon.
- Fish the Crooked River and one other location, depending on water conditions.
- Cost is $1150 – includes lodging, guide fees, lunches, and gear. Breakfast, dinner, gratuities, licenses, and adult beverages not included.
- Click here to register via Event Brite