Intro To Fly Fishing
Putting Your Toe in the Water
May 1, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
This workshop for anglers new to fly fishing and who wish to build a strong foundation to accelerate their learning curve and have a strong base to launch their fly fishing passion.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Know the set of skills necessary for successful fly fishing.
- Have a foundation for Flies, Knots, Casting, Mending, and Catching.
- Learn terminology so you can confidently shop with your local fly shop and go fishing with a friend.
One of the cool things about fly fishing is there is always something to learn, regardless of how many years you have been on the water. Do not be like Mary Ann when she first started fly fishing and think fly fishing is just waving a stick! Instead, if she could do it again – Invest time into getting a broad understanding of all the skills you need to fly fish.
This workshop is an introductory course that gives you the basic building blocks to fly fishing.
At a high level all the skills you will learn all the skills to fish. Topics Covered:
- Important Aquatic Insects
- Flies that imitate the important Aquatic Insects
- Basic Equipment needed
- Two Knots to master and how to rig one fly
- Where are the Fish?
- Casting – Getting My Fly on the water
- Mending – What to do once my fly hits the water
- Landing a Fish
Yes a lot of topics, but at a depth and speed to now overwhelm you
What to bring
Any fishing gear you have. For example waders, boots, rod & reel, flies, tippet, nippers, and etc. No worries if you don’t have any of this gear yet.
Get on a Wait List
You will be notified of any openings or upcoming offerings
All events are subject to availability, and may be cancelled at the sole discretion of FlyFishing Pursuits. See our cancellation policy…(etc etc)